Listen to a complete audio recording of this 2015 breakout session below.
Do you ever wish someone would just make the world of investing simple and understandable? Financial expert Manisha Thakor will do just that. Together you will explore:
• How and why driving in the “right lane” of Wall Street can be such a powerful investment strategy;
• A simple rule of thumb for how to allocate your hard-earned savings among stocks, bonds and cash;
• Why diversification is so important and what it really means to “not put all your eggs in one investment basket”;
• The (often ugly) truth about fees — both for financial advice and investment products — and how to protect yourself from their corrosive effect; and
• The one question 99 percent of financial advisers are hoping you will never, ever ask.
Attendees will leave this workshop with a clear framework for how to get started (or continue) investing, and how to evaluate potential financial advisers.
Speaker: Manisha Thakor, CFA, finance literacy advocate for women, best-selling author, On My Own Two Feet and director, wealth strategies for women, Buckingham & The BAM Alliance
Host: Maya Strelar-Migotti, board member, Watermark